Archive Meme: Rewiewing My Plastic-Free Experience So Far

Fake Plastic Fish and Green Bean Dreams have both challenged me to participate in an Archive Meme!

What's a Meme?
To answer this question I had to turn to the internet's most reliable reference source, urbandictionary.com. Here are the definitions I found:
  1. A pervasive thought or thought pattern that replicates itself via cultural means....
  2. In blogspeak, an idea that is spread from blog to blog.
The Archive Meme
So now that we know what a meme is, we'll need to figure out what this Archive Meme is. Apparently, it focuses on going through your archives, posting links to your own old posts, and than calling on other bloggers to do the same.

Here are the instructions:

Link 1 must be about family.
Link 2 must be about friends.
Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about.
Link 4 must be about something you love.
Link 5 can be anything you choose.

I think this is a great way to circulate some of the great older posts everyone has written, return to a few great places in our memories and also learn a little something about ourselves and each other that we may not know. Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be *newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better....and don't forget to read the archive posts and leave comments!

My Response

Link 1 (Family): Plastic Free Christmas: A Success
This post talks about how my family helped me make the Christmas holiday as plastic-free as possible. My family was incredibly supportive so it was a great experience. (Thanks fam!)

Link 2 (Friends): No More...Computer?
Like other bloggers, I don't write about my friends much so I had to be creative with this one. I'll just say that I chose this post, which was about the many computer problems I was experiencing, because 1) I've been spending so much time on my computer these days that it is becoming my best friend, 2) My friend, Neal, who is a computer expert, ended up making several comments on the post and 3) My boyfriend (he's a friend, right?) eventually fixed my comp, which made me really happy.

Link 3 (Yourself): Introduction
This post basically gives a introduction of why I decided to start this blog as well as my ultimate hopes for going plastic-free. The post definitely talks about me, but it also makes me realize that I need to do a few more posts about me as a person and my motivations for going plastic-free.

Link 4 (Something You Love): No More Ramen Noodles
It's true. I love ramen noodles. This post is about my infatuation with them and how I can't really eat them anymore because they come encased in plastic. I have to admit, though, that ramen noodles are really bad for you so I'm happy that I'm no longer eating them.

Link 5 (My Choice): Traveling Made Me Use Plastic!
This post, which concerns itself with how hard it is to be plastic-free while traveling, is my choice for link 5 so that I start thinking about plastic-free travel strategies again. I need to do do this because I'm going skiing in Utah in a few weeks. Yippee!!

My Tags
I would like to challenge the following bloggers to participate in this here Archive Meme:

Going Crunchy by a fellow Chicago-area blogger
Vegan Ruthie who has also been doing the less plastic thing these days
Towards Sustainability by an Australian blogger making me jealous of her summer garden
Do You Realize by a blogger focusing on the environment, humor, and making things last

And that's it! My first experience with a meme was quite fun, and I look forward to seeing if anyone meets my challenge!

Comments

Going Crunchy said…
Cool post! I'll work on it today.

Gotta admit LLP, I have three packages of Ramen that are sitting on my shelf. I'm now tempted to de-plastic them and send to you. Shannon
Going Crunchy said…
O.k., done and done.

But BA HA HA, Payback is a bitch. You are now tagged for he six unimportant things meme. See blog for details.

Popular Posts