Garbage! The Revolution Starts at Home

I really want to see the movie Garbage! The Revolution Starts at Home.

The problem: the film is not available for rent or digital purchase. The only way to see it is by purchasing a DVD through the movie's website, which I obviously don't want to do since DVDs and their cases are made of plastic.

So I was sad...until I discovered Brave New Theaters, a site that allows you to find screenings of indie films in your area and to schedule screenings of your own.

From the site, I learned that there's a woman in a nearby suburb hosting a screening of Garbage this March. Yahoo!

Even more lucky--she said that if I like the movie, I can borrow her DVD and host a screening of my own in Chicago. How cool!

Comments

zakkalife said…
You've got me curious about this movie "Garbage". I'll have to look into it.

I share the same beliefs with you and do my best to recycle and reuse. I'm fortunate where I live that we have a great recycling system. We can even recycle green waste(food,shrubs,dirty tissues). It's amazing.

Just yesterday I came across this site that creates cards that you can plant when you're done with them and they produce wild flowers. Here's the site address if you're interested.

www.botanicalpaperworks.com

regards,
jessica
Going Crunchy said…
Oh wow, you are in Chicago? Me in Chicagoland! E-mail me when you want to screen.

Are you in the suburbs on in the city? I'm thinking of starting a Greenie Group of some sort.....just a hangout with folks that are off the "stuff" train. Green Bean Dreams wrote a post that inspired me about getting out and meeting people that are interested in enviro issues. Shannon
Jeanne said…
Shannon, An "off-stuff" group in Chicago sounds quite interesting. I would definitely be interested :)

Popular Posts